Hello Bar

Notice

This site use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyses our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Friday, December 19, 2014

My Son Eli Part 4

My Son Eli Part 4:




 Dec 8th – Dec 13th, 2014 was the most stressful and craziest week we have had all year.  I left the story off writing about the consult we had with the Surgeon for the 8th.  It went well and Eli was a lot more relaxed about the upcoming surgery.  We came home, without knowing when the surgery would be.
 Dec 9th the Surgeon’s office called to tell me they had an opening Dec 11th.  It amazes me that last weeks rushed post made sense to anyone.  Cause later that morning my son said to me on the way to taking them to school.  “Mom, your Bat S--t Crazy.”   LOL.  My son is great at saying the most off the wall things to me.  After a long deep breathe and a moment of thinking about what he said, I had to agree with him, laughing.     
When I started writing my son’s story, I had not realized that it would enable us to grow closer.  It gave him a window into my mind, and he learned things about his childhood he was not aware of.
He also gave me directions on some of the pictures he wanted me to take.  The nurses were not happy seeing me pulling the camera out in the recovery area to take this picture.  The surgery to place the stent was, Dec 11th, 2014.
After surgery was done, he had challenges of keeping liquids down for hours.
     

His first meal of solid foods was French toast sticks, then pizzas.  He was not released until late afternoon Friday  the weather had been yucky all day and just got worse as evening came.        
The fog got worse the further we drove south so we gave up and rented a room at the Grand Hotel.  You can still see the fog out the window of the hotel room we rented, but it was not as bad as it had been the night before. 

We made it home, and my son has been chattering about all the things he wants to do now.  His working with me on his story has sparked the desire to start a personal blog of his own.  It’s nice to see he is smiling and making plans for his future.

I’m so happy and glad that my son’s story has a happy ending.   
Hope you drop by next Friday to see what I’m blogging about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Pinterest Profile