Hello Bar

Notice

This site use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyses our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Friday, December 5, 2014

My Son Eli Part 3

When I started writing about my son, I knew 1 entry was not going to cut it.

You hear about school busses getting hit on the news every now and then.  No one wishes for their child’s school bus to be the one in the news.


It was their father’s habit to wait outside with them for the school bus, and that morning was no different.  He was standing there watching as our daughter hurried up into the bus, while our son slow poked along behind his sister and was in the door way when the bus was rear ended.  The impact caused my son to fall backward out of the bus, while my daughter was rolling around inside the bus.

I heard no sounds of squealing breaks, just the sickening sounds of metal against metal.  I ran out of the house without any shoes on, praying the bus wasn't a part of the wreck.  The bus was still there.  I hurried toward the bus to see my son getting up off the ground cussing as he started dusting himself off.

Something like the bus wreck, one is on pure instincts, and the fact my son got up ready to fight, gave me a peace of mind.  I knew in that moment that no matter what my son, faced in the future, if it did not kill him, he would come out on top.

 Once the primary doctor heard about him being in a bus wreck, she labeled him a miraculous child.  She made me see just how lucky we were that the Bicuspid Aortic Valve and a Coarctation of Aorta, didn't take him that day. 

There is a lot of other things going on in my son’s life that I wasn't aware of until I started the process of creating a stress free home for my son.

With all the high stress circumstances he has faced in the past it makes me very aware just how lucky we have been that the Coarctation of the Aorta has not taken him from us.

For now his highest stress is the upcoming surgery.  His regular doctor raised his dosage of high blood pressure meds again.  He is taking his blood pressure readings 3 times a day, his readings were starting to climb back up again.


Dec 8th, he has an appointment in the city to meet with the surgeon.  This one is just a consult, so we can meet the surgeon, and my son can ask him questions which hopefully will help him conquer the last remaining fears he has about the surgery.  We also should learn then the day he will be having the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Pinterest Profile