Hello Bar

Notice

This site use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyses our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Friday, October 30, 2015

What is a Virtual Flea Market?

Whatever Fridays- What is a Virtual Flea Market?

Whatever Fridays- What is a Virtual Flea Market?

Whatever Fridays- What is a Virtual Flea Market?

I hope that you are having a Great Whatever Friday.

Flea Market:

noun
A Market, often outdoors, consisting of a number of individual stalls selling old or used articles, curios and antiques, cut-rate merchandise,etc.
Virtual:
adjective
temporarily simulated or extended by computer software

reference- http://dictionary.reference.com/
What is a Virtual Flea Market?
What is a Virtual Flea Market?
 The funniest things comes up when one is in a car for two hours on the way to a doctor's appointment.

The subject of my board A Virtual Flea Market on Pinterest came up.


My daughter in the back seat, asked What is a Virtual Flea Market, Mom?

It's like the Dog Trade,(it's what our local Flea Market is called) but everything is done on line, and the people online are from all over the place.
Some of them have stores on:
  1. Esty.com
  2. Amazon.com
  3. Ebay.com
  4. And a bunch more I can't think of off the top of my head. 
With my daughter's question answered she quickly moved us all onto another question, but her question got me to asking myself more questions.


Which Came 1st?  Egg or The Chicken?
Which Came 1st?  Egg or The Chicken?
That is a long standing argument to which came first.  They both can be sold at a Market, so it really doesn't matter to which came first, to me.  Don't sell all your Chickens at the market, or you won't have any eggs to sell in the future.  Was the best advice I was given.

The nice thing about Dictionary.com they have a section on Word Origin.
It was interesting to learn that the combination of words Flea Market started being used in the 1920's.  (How many generations ago was that?  Great-Grandmother Elsie might of been born by then.)

The history on the Word Market is older.  Which doesn't surprise me.

Humans have been trading goods between each other longer then that.  It wasn't until some smarty pants came up with the idea of Money that trading goods between each other started getting easier.
This Little Piggy Went To Market!
This Little Piggy Went To Market!
Sometimes the silliest things pops in my head when I'm writing.  I can't remember which toe it is that goes to Market.  So I really hope you got a giggle.

Because of my unplanned break I know for certain that the popularity of my group board isn't because I'm blogging about it.

At the time that I'm writing this there is 1.5k people on Pinterest following the board.  It is averaging 10 new people following it a day.  So-
What is a Virtual Flea Market?
What is a Virtual Flea Market?  Click Below to find out what one looks like on Pinterest.



What is a Virtual Flea Market?
What is a Virtual Flea Market?
Click above to  get your T-Shirt Today.


Hope you are having a Great Whatever Friday.

Hope you have an even Greater Weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Pinterest Profile