Hello Bar

Notice

This site use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyses our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Off the Wall-Wednesday-My first Video

Off the Wall-Wednesday-My first Video

My excuses for why I hadn't done a video.

  1. I don't like my voice
  2. I don't like how I look
  3. I can't understand what I'm saying with my teeth in.
  4. I'm Camera Shy
  5. I look like a toothless Hag!
  6. I'm nervous and Afraid I'll get tongue tied.
  7. I've been hounded for years for the way I talk.
Before I sat down to do the video I looked in on my son, more to tell him to go to sleep because he had school in the morning, then to see what his reaction would be to my Video Hat.  But seeing his face was more then enough to know that I succeeded.  He is the hardest one to get to crack a smile in our house.

Since my mother is always doing some type of craft it only took me asking about pipe cleaners for her to dig out the fuzzy sticks instead.  I told her thanks and now all I needed was to buy a hair band.  LOL she found one of those, so I didn't have an excuse to wait until the next day to sit down and do the video.

I had told a few people I was going to start making videos, but that was before I realized I had a lot of emotions that made me feel like I was looking at an 8 foot wall.

I'm 5ft tall and I can tell you from experience, I didn't get over an 8ft wall by myself, in my 20's.

It doesn't matter what it is, the 1st Time is always the hardest which is why I had told a few people I was going to start doing videos in January.  I needed someone out there to be expecting to see my video.  If they remember me telling them or not doesn't matter.  What matter is that I remembered.

I had set a goal for myself, and I had told others about my goal, and the end of January was creeping up fast.

Ok, to correct something, It's my first Video I've put on the web.

I've done some video chatting with my uncle, and I've been talking to the camera off and on all month, but for 1 reason or another I wasn't willing to put it out there.

Wade Harman shared this link with me, on G+
http://www.shannonjhernandez.com/getting-over-the-sound-of-your-own-voice/
  
It wasn't my voice that was really hanging me up.  It was my looks, specially my teeth, or lack of them.  I have dentures, but when I put them in to do the video.  I had a hard time understanding what I was saying when I watched the video, and I am the one that made the video.  LOL.

What do I need to do to make a video that I'm willing to put on youtube?
I'm no beauty Queen, unless it's beauty Queen's of Hags.

A Video Hat!  I'm going to write down all the reasons why I have for not doing a video and wear it as a hat, and do the video.

Dang!  Deleted the first take, really don't want people to hear a startled man cursing in the background of my video.

So with no more hype I present to you, Take 2 of my first Video.  Hope you get a good laugh out of it.  I'll be wearing some kind of Video Hat until I've worked out all my hang ups on doing videos.  Enjoy.


Did you get a good laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Pinterest Profile