Hello Bar

Notice

This site use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyses our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Friday, October 10, 2014

2014 Chickasaw Nation Annual Meeting & Festival

I'm not one that goes every year to the meeting, but my mother asked me if I wanted to go in front of my daughter. My daughter started jumping up and down saying she wanted to go. So-.

My daughter was up at 6am, on Saturday morning, shaking me telling me to get ready so Nanny, didn't leave without us. LOL. My mother is one that doesn't like waiting more then five minutes for anyone. But for once in a long time, we were ready to go long before she was. Ha Ha.
For my daughter this was her first time to the festival, for me it's been more then 10yrs, since I had been the last time. So I saw a lot of changes going on in the Tishomingo Area.

We got there in time for mom to put her ticket in the pot, I also had gotten an invitation and ticket for the meeting but hadn't seen it since I moved and organized my desk for work. I did find it after we got back from Tishomingo when I was looking for the paperwork my son needed for his doctor's appointment Monday.

My daughter enjoyed the fact she got to run around with the camera taking pictures. She even discovered one of her class mates was in the parade. So for a moment there I thought she was going to join in the parade.
She hasn't been happy with me for the fact that I've been using her camera to take pictures for work. She passed the camera to me a couple of times, which was mostly so I could take pictures of her.

My mother bought cheap cameras for both of my kids one Christmas, I think baby girl was 5 or 6 then. That 1st one didn't last long, but her Nanny, saw the budding talent my daughter has and this camera now has lasted my daughter for some years, and the 4 gb memory card is almost full.


She still has a few pictures that don't come out clear but your getting to see our day at the 2014 Chickasaw Annual Meeting through her eyes.
I'm actually running out of things to say.
What girl doesn't like horses?
Well Smokey the Bear wasn't the last of the parade, but I'm going to wrap this up with him. The man in the green hat certainly knew how to get my attention. LOL. I had turned away from watching the parade to watch the young lady that was about baby girl's age picking up her plastic ring, they were tossing to the kids. I hear someone yelling heads up so when I turn to look back toward the parade one of those rings goes flying inches from my face. That man was apologizing. I told him it didn't hit me, thanked him as I smiled and waved at him with the green ring, that almost hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Pinterest Profile